Claudia thinks I’m brilliant! Wow. I’m quite honored! If you haven’t visited Claudia’s blog, you should. She’s a skilled knitter, and Mr Puffy is not to be missed. (Her current post has a lovely picture of the distinguished fellow.) Thank you, Claudia!
Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog;
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you;
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs;
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog; and
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
Now, if you’re a regular reader, you know I don’t generally “tag” people, but this is a little different. Claudia pointed out that these awards are a great way to discover new blogs, so I’m going to be a good sport and play along. (And as soon as I finish this post, I’m off to check out the other blogs Claudia noted.)
Since I know a lot of my readers follow each other’s blogs, I’m going to try to pick some different folks so that we can all experience something new!
1. Mary at Virgin Wool has a new electric spinner. She also has quite the collection of spindles, and never fails to inspire me. While I’ve yet to cultivate more than a visual appreciation for spindles, Mary is a tremendous resource for hand spinning, and like me, likes to do her research on a new interest. She moderates a few groups on Ravelry and Yahoo on spinning, the Outerbanks and probably more I’ve missed!
2. Alison of SpinDyeKnit is always an uplifting read. Yesterday’s slice of heaven included her special recipe for a chocolate torte. (See her comments for the actual recipe.) She’s a talented writer, designer, knitter, spinner, dyer and it has been my pleasure to get to know her. She never fails to see the beauty in life, and is quick to point it out and share it with her readers. (The fact that she gives me one-on-one pattern support is a plus too!)
3. Robin of For the Love of Fiber is another jill of all trades. Her blog has it all – touches of history, knitting, cute pets - and she always has the greatest photos. She just finished a rug hooking “camp” so scroll back and check out the lovely rugs too. I suppose I can even claim Robin as a “real life” friend, as we’re members of the same knitting guild and see each other just about monthly. She’s a great resource for lace, spinning, and I give her the credit for convincing me to go Magic Loop.
4. Ruth at The Scrabblequeen Knits, Too is another grand lady I hope to meet rather soon. Like the rest of this group, her talents know no bounds. She knits, sews, reads, does tea… If you have some time to spare, sit down and enjoy her posts about her trip to Ireland. The photos are such that you almost feel you’re there. Ruth and I are going to have tea together one of these days too!
5. Nichole at Lapdog Creations has a fantastic product review going on regularly on her blog. I can’t tell her secrets, but she has more great stuff to review. She’s already done needles, a couple of books and some pet items. She’s also one of my doggy diet advisors, thanks to her canine quartet at home. All of my bloggy friends are super-creative, and Nic is no exception. Follow the link on her blog to her Etsy store for pretty stitch markers, thread cutters and more.
6. Rosanne at Firefly Nights is a friend beyond measure. You know you’re truly a great blogger when a close friend still learns a few things with just about every post. I like recipes, and Rosanne sprinkles those in amid stories about her precious pups, her knitting and crocheting, her travels and more. I’d gush over her photos too, but since I know cameras have been part of her working life, it’s honestly nothing unexpected.
7. Lacey at Creating Lace also has some spectacular photos from her travels, most recently to Scotland. This gal can SEW! If you scroll down past all the incredible pictures from her trip, you’ll see a cute sweater (knitted by Lacey) paired with a skirt she just whipped out too. (I’m going to have to learn to sew, at least well enough to line a felted bag, at some point…)
Thank you again, Claudia. I hope perhaps some of these blogs are new to some of you and you’ll find a new read!