I love soy and bamboo, but merino wool is great too. Really, I use a bit of everything, but I don’t care to knit with linen or linen blends again, and I’m not a fan of fun fur or acrylics (except for baby things…)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Straights are in the felted needle case I made, and/or in a plastic pouch. Dpns live in a special plastic case my hubby made for me, with little slots for each pair, in each size. Circs live in my Knitpicks Options case. (Yup. Even the Addis. They haven’t fought yet.)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve only been knitting since late November, 2006. I first learned about 25 years ago, but I refreshed my memory after a visit from dear Anne. I couldn’t have done it without knittinghelp.com and her video clips. I still bug Anne, Devon and Martina with questions!
I would say I’m an intermediate with a strong sense of adventure, meaning that if I want to try a pattern, I will, regardless of the skill rating.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon list, and since this question keeps coming up, I’ll add the button to the sidebar.
5. What’s your favorite scent?
For what purpose? To wear, I like soft florals, like lily of the valley. To smell in nature, gardenia, magnolia, roses… florals. To use in the house… Ask my hubby. He’s the candle burner at home. (Food scents for the kitchen, florals for the living room…)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do. I love chocolate and peppermint.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin. I used to cross stitch and needlepoint. Currently, I scrapbook and stamp, or at least, talk about them while knitting.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music. I love musicals and big band, country, rock, classic rock, gospel, classical music, beach music… Any format will work!
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Greens, reds, pinks and blues are always safe. I adore rich, medium to dark browns too. I cannot stand strong yellows and orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married to my Knitter’s Knight and we have two aging, wonderful dogs.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all, but I’m rather maxed out on scarves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks. Dishcloths. Whatever strikes my fancy. Did I mention socks?
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks. However, I’m also getting ready to knit another dishcloth, a baby item or two, and who knows what else!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Yes? I love my circs. I do use Bryspun straights for dishcloths, and both dpns and circs for socks. Metal, metal, METAL. I don’t care to ever see bamboo or plastic needles again.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do, thanks to my Knitter’s Knight. 😉
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Um… Don’t have a SINGLE one!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
You mean besides yarn?
Roosters. Not hens, not chicks, but ROOSTERS. I also seem to have accidentally started a stitch marker collection. Anything with a basset hound or a jack russell on it. Cookbooks. (I am a pack rat.)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Currently, I subscribe to Creative Knitting, and I intend to subscribe to Interweave Knits. Unfortunately, anything I’m dying to have, I’ll buy before a pal could!
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Cables, but that is likely to be my next project. Lace. Crochet.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter. No knee socks, please! (Short, stubby legs, you see…) Circumference: 8.5 inches, length: 9 inches (give or take). I wear a 6.5 or 7 in US sizes.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
I’m one of the millions still waiting for my invite.