Here we go. Eight gross things about me you will wish I hadn’t shared:
(I feel like I should be about 20 years younger, drunk, and surrounded by my equally young, drunken fire fighting pals… However, because I really do respect the privacy of all the patients/victims from my fire/EMS days, those GREAT gross moments are not included.)
1. I walked out of the house, going to work one morning, and felt some leftover rain drops fall from the tree, onto my head. (The wind was blowing.) I was in the car, en route, before I realized it was indeed a bird, and those drops were ick in my head. The Knight still laughs and points at my head when he sees bird poop.
2. I kiss my dog(s) on the nose. Mugsy’s famous for slipping anyone in range his tongue, but over the years, I’ve gotten good at dodging him.
3. One firefighter story, totally unrelated to any patients… Early in my training, we were still sharing face pieces – for the breathing apparatus – and I grabbed one, headed for the fire. Imagine my hurls when that first big inhale got me a plug of the previous wearer’s chewing tobacco. My stomach flips just telling you about it…
4. I still don’t drink apple juice, thanks to a post-op experience with it that caused some great, adult projectile vomiting, all over my sweet little momma inlaw.
5. I still love the feeling of that clayish-mud on the riverbottom oozing between my toes.
6. I actually like horse barn smells. A little poop, urine, sweaty leather, stinky horse… it’s all good.
7. Mugsy sleeps IN the bed with us. Under the covers. Head on a pillow if he chooses.
8. I pick. If I have a pimple, if the Knight has a pimple, I’ll be bonkers in no time if I can’t pop it.
I’m not going to tag you, but I suppose a #9 could be that I actually find these things interesting. Let me know if you decide to play along!