About Your Yarn Passion
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn?
Both. I learned to knit as a youngster, but just reconnected with my inner knitter a couple of years ago. I just started crocheting a few months ago.
2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?
Knitting? No. I use something different on every project it seems. Crochet? Yes. I like Boye hooks, but I think I have one of just about every size now.
3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven’t ever gotten into as much as others?
I love lace, socks and right now, raglan sweaters. Knitting a blanket or anything with too much garter or stockinette is painful.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
Several lace projects, a pair of socks (two at a time, magic loop), a chevron scarf, a crochet hat…
My oldest UFO is Fredfoot, a very special lace wrap that I plan to finish next.
5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you?
Socks, definitely a pair of socks or two. Fredfoot, and my guild’s mystery KAL.
6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you’re allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you’ve been dying to try?
I like different yarns, but I seem to have a thing for soy. I also love alpaca-silk yarns. I’m not allergic to anything, but 100% cotton and 100% acrylic hurt my hands. I’m looking forward to finding some of the new Classic Elite Fresco.
7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can’t stand?
Brights, brights and more brights. I don’t know that there’s anything I really dislike; every color has its place!
Your Coffee Passion
1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not?
Caffeinated, thanks much!
2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press?
Either. I have a great little french press and the rather standard electric coffee maker.
3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type?
Nothing too dark. I really don’t know much about what I prefer, I’m afraid. (See, I’m a tea girl at heart, but I’ve been won over for that cool weather coffee in the morning or with dessert at night.)
4. How do you ‘take’ your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins?
Cream or creamer, some sweetner (yellow, if it’s available), and if there’s a mint chocolate flavoring of some sort around, I’m all in.
5. That first morning cup – is it about the taste, or the caffeine?
Um, yes?? I need both, thanks.
6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?
Mint chocolate mocha. Do they sell anything else?
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of coffee – is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it?
It’s in a honkin’ big, thick mug. I’d sit on the sofa and just hold the mug and inhale the aroma between sips…
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen – when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee – what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?
Since I only drink ONE cup of coffee (in a giant mug) first thing in the morning, or one PLAIN cup with dessert, I’ll take a crumbly coffee cake in the morning and the perfect tiramisu or cheesecake at night.
All about YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?
Spinning, stamping, scrapbooking
2. Do you collect anything?
I have in the past, but I’m really trying to de-clutter…
3. What is your favorite part of Autumn?
Being able to wear sweaters and socks again. Going on walks down our tree-lined road with Sissy. Pumpkin flavored anything and everything.
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body?
Oh yes. For the house, we enjoy apple scents this time of year. For me, I like a soft floral that isn’t too sweet or strong.
5. Are you allergic to anything?
Not that matters in a swap.
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID?
Sure am! Chanknits
7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day?
On a long walk with Sissy somewhere with a great display of changing leaves… We’d stop off and buy some apples (because really, picking apples with a wild hound wouldn’t be fun), and then we’d hit a pumpkin patch and come home and have all kinds of pumpkin baked goods. There’d have to be a great bowl of a hearty soup or chili in there somewhere too.