I saw this on Grace‘s blog, and wanted to play along. If you’re game, leave me a comment and I’ll pick a letter for you.
The way it works is I have to come up with ten things beginning with the letter in question that I like. Here we go!
- Lace. I love to knit lace, which is a bit ironic, because I’m not a lace lifestyler. I don’t use lace tablecloths or bedspreads, and I don’t even wear much lace, but that’s changing, as I knit…
- Literature. And I mean both the good stuff you find on reading lists and any ol’ beach read that doesn’t tax my mind so much.
- League. As in, the Junior League. I joined almost as a dare, after years of resisting and insisting I wouldn’t fit in. What I found was an organization as committed to voluntarism as I am, and some outstanding women I might not have met otherwise.
- Lazy days at the beach. There’s nothing like not having a to-do list, with the ocean as a backdrop.
- Lunch. I can’t tell you how liberating it was to slip away for a nearly two-hour lunch with a friend. It’s a beautiful, warm day, the company couldn’t have been better, and the food was yummy too.
- Loopy Ewe. Great yarn and terrific customer service. Sissy likes the summer Loopy Kisses (peppermints) too.
- Legacy. I kinda’ feel like the firehouse is our legacy. Founded by my father and community leaders, currently run by my father inlaw and Chief Pissy, the Knight and I do play active roles in preserving our volunteer station for the future while continuing to meet the needs of our neighbors. Much of the same could be said of the family business.
- Loyalty. I am blessed with loyal, loving fur-girls, a rock-solid husband, friends and family. I do not have a host of girlfriends to call for a night out, but I do have more true-blue friends than I probably deserve.
- Liberty. I suppose I have my father to thank, and my father ilaw too, but I hope I never take our political and religious freedoms for granted.
- Lamb. I mean the meat. Gotta’ keep my rellies in OZ and their farmer friends in business, right? The fact that the same creatures are responsible for a great knitting fiber is also a plus!
Now, it is Friday. All I have ahead of me is a knitting guild meeting tomorrow. Otherwise, I plan to enjoy the warm front with the fur-girls outside, knit, do laundry and figure out when we’re going back to the beach. I need to get my feet in the sand, no matter how cold it is.
In other news, Gretchen and Tresaderm have parted ways, due to irreconcilable differences. My vet scolded me for FORCING the drops in her ears, and has ordered a weekend off. I am not to touch her ears at all, and we’ll see where that gets us on Monday. An oral steriod is in the mail to us, but if her ears are not itchy or red on Monday, we’re to just let them be.
Is your weekend more exciting than mine?
Glad the ear drops are gone!! Hope her ears are better on Monday!! I like this one! I want to play!! I love Lazy days at the beach too!! 😉
well, gee. If she’s supposed to get the medicine into her ears and it can’t get in except by force, what are you supposed to do? (perhaps vet should have said, “don’t force” when you told her you were having trouble early on…)I’d scold them right back!!
Oh, and yes…I would like to play the letter game.
1. Yes please, I’d like a letter.
2. You are such a mean-old-mommee!!!
How cool…you came up with great L things! Love the lazy beach days! hugs
Hope the poor girl’s ears get better on their own… Love your L’s… and sure, I’ll play!
I’d like a letter, too!
Great pictures – I have one that would love to be that close to the water and one that would run from it so very fast.
Hey, I want a letter!
Dog ears are such iffy things to care for. We have had yeast problems with the lab.
Warm front?!? Ok, it made it to 35 today and felt darn right balmy. Back to the low teens this weekend.
aaawwwww………look at that precious little face:)
I’ll take a letter, please:)
Hm. I think if you have loyal friends and family, you don’t need tons of girlfriends. However, I know others think differently …
Hope Gretchen feels better, no matter how she has to get there.
My weekend? It’s the weekend, finally? Still raining here, and forecast is for more of same. Darn. Might have to stay in and knit and watch movies or read. Darn again!
So… you’re vet, who told you that you had to 1)keep the meds cold then 2)told you not to put cold drops in her ears then 3) told you that you had to make sure that you put the drops in her ears because there was no other meds now tells you that you shouldn’t have forced the drops in her ears?
Me? We have a “livin off the land” or “shoot it, stuff it, and marinade it” dinner to attend on Saturday night in “honor” of the new administration, as we are all going to have to be living off of the land soon…
Yay for no more drops! I’m sure Gretchen will show her gratitude to the vet the next time she’s there. 😉
It was a beautiful day today, wasn’t it? I’m ready for spring.
Awww gretchen looks so cute:)Hugs Darcy
She’s just so dog gone CUTE!!!
I’d love a letter, too (as long as it’s not X or Q!).
If you find that Gretchen has developed an aversion to having her poor little ears touched at all after those nasty drops, let me know and I may be able to give you some ideas on desensitizing her.
First I harass you for not posting, then I can’t get back to the puter to comment. Lovely post your “L” list is great.
I hope you are able to make it to the beach soon. My weekend – sock knitting, poker, housework, sewing. Nothing too taxing (except the poker bit). g
I’ll take a letter. That’s such a good list you have.
I’ll take a letter 🙂
great list! i enjoyed km’s as well. thanks for sharing.