I saw this on Grace‘s blog, and wanted to play along. If you’re game, leave me a comment and I’ll pick a letter for you.
The way it works is I have to come up with ten things beginning with the letter in question that I like. Here we go!
- Lace. I love to knit lace, which is a bit ironic, because I’m not a lace lifestyler. I don’t use lace tablecloths or bedspreads, and I don’t even wear much lace, but that’s changing, as I knit…
- Literature. And I mean both the good stuff you find on reading lists and any ol’ beach read that doesn’t tax my mind so much.
- League. As in, the Junior League. I joined almost as a dare, after years of resisting and insisting I wouldn’t fit in. What I found was an organization as committed to voluntarism as I am, and some outstanding women I might not have met otherwise.
- Lazy days at the beach. There’s nothing like not having a to-do list, with the ocean as a backdrop.
- Lunch. I can’t tell you how liberating it was to slip away for a nearly two-hour lunch with a friend. It’s a beautiful, warm day, the company couldn’t have been better, and the food was yummy too.
- Loopy Ewe. Great yarn and terrific customer service. Sissy likes the summer Loopy Kisses (peppermints) too.
- Legacy. I kinda’ feel like the firehouse is our legacy. Founded by my father and community leaders, currently run by my father inlaw and Chief Pissy, the Knight and I do play active roles in preserving our volunteer station for the future while continuing to meet the needs of our neighbors. Much of the same could be said of the family business.
- Loyalty. I am blessed with loyal, loving fur-girls, a rock-solid husband, friends and family. I do not have a host of girlfriends to call for a night out, but I do have more true-blue friends than I probably deserve.
- Liberty. I suppose I have my father to thank, and my father ilaw too, but I hope I never take our political and religious freedoms for granted.
- Lamb. I mean the meat. Gotta’ keep my rellies in OZ and their farmer friends in business, right? The fact that the same creatures are responsible for a great knitting fiber is also a plus!
Now, it is Friday. All I have ahead of me is a knitting guild meeting tomorrow. Otherwise, I plan to enjoy the warm front with the fur-girls outside, knit, do laundry and figure out when we’re going back to the beach. I need to get my feet in the sand, no matter how cold it is.
In other news, Gretchen and Tresaderm have parted ways, due to irreconcilable differences. My vet scolded me for FORCING the drops in her ears, and has ordered a weekend off. I am not to touch her ears at all, and we’ll see where that gets us on Monday. An oral steriod is in the mail to us, but if her ears are not itchy or red on Monday, we’re to just let them be.
Is your weekend more exciting than mine?