Sissy here. It was Mommy’s week to do Dogs on Thursday, so Gretchie and I thought we’d cover this blog for her. We like that she’s thinking of us, but frankly, she’s a little off on what WE want and need in transportation.
Firstly, she needn’t bother with that Dogcars.com site. That’s fine for those show dogs who have to travel in crates to keep from messing up their hair or something, and for those dogs who ride in the way-back of a vehicle, often behind bars (like a crate?), but we don’t roll like that, and never will.
Just seeing my blue travel harness makes me leap and dance. Gretchie isn’t a great rider, but she’s getting better. She didn’t stand on my head once on our little jaunt over the weekend, nor did she barf. I get to ride up front in the black truck (note: that would be what I call the dogmobile – Chan), because it has one of those sensors that keeps the airbag off. I like that A LOT.
So, here’s my wish list. Gretchen has wandered off, as she’s still not sure about this riding thing just yet, but the brat does everything I do, so I’m sure whatever I think a divamobile should have will suit her too.
- Room in the floorboard for leaping in. I’m a great jumper and all, but still…
- Doors that open wide enough for that leap to be made without a lot of twists and dodging.
- A bench seat. I’ve heard rumblings about bucket seats in the
second row (like we need more than two rows of seats? Are they planning on growing more humans or something? [Note – No Miss Diva, there are no little humans coming, not ever. But gee, wouldn’t it be nice if when Auntie ‘Nita comes to visit with a new friend too, all of us could pile in for a ride without anyone on someone’s lap?]) Back to that bench seat. Gretchie insists upon likes to smother cuddle me, so I think the bucket seats would upset her, and if the humans think we’re riding way in the back, they’re crazy.
- Rear climate control. And not that pathetic little vent we have now that cools off the support the back seat is on. That’s just stupid.
- No road noise inside. I think that might help put Gretch at ease, and it would allow me to sleep more soundly.
- A SMOOTH ride. Honestly, who did the roads about an hour from home on the way to the beach? (That’s Richmond folks, with lots of concrete sections.) That REALLY stresses my little sister out, which is no fun for me either.
- An escape hatch. I surely hope Mommy won’t wreck us, but I’ve heard the tales and I’m glad she and Mugsy were able to exit safely and quickly. As a plus, I love the sunshine and the smells that come in when it is open.
- I’ve fussed a lot about the cargo area, but I’d like that to be something I can jump into too. Not that I’ll ride there, but Mommy always says I’m not much on boundaries and it’s true. If she’s looking at something back there, I wanna’ look too!
- Perhaps most important of all, we need something where Mommy can safely reach us when if Gretchie does get carsick. We also really like it when they reach back and pet us.
- Oh! I almost forgot. The doors need pockets. That’s where our leashes and spare harnesses live. While I love to run free, I’m getting wiser with age and I realize that just isn’t going to happen on trips.
Don’t look for Dadaw to guest-post and share his desires, although I’m sure that would be helpful. He’s all about looks, and that’s cool too, because I don’t want to be laughed at because of my ride.
Don’t forget to visit our fur-friends on Dogs on Thursday. If Gretchie ever really kicks the carsick thing, maybe we can take trips to visit some of them!