For a change, I’m enjoying the rain today. It seems to have washed my cares away. Thank you for your kind words and support yesterday.
My little valley yesterday seems to have put a lot of things into perspective for me. For instance, I’m driving the Knight’s personal vehicle today – a full-sized pickup – and I’m wiping all the full-sized vehicles off of my shopping list. (Yeah, I’m still kinda’ looking, but in a very relaxed fashion.) Here’s why:
- Gretchen can’t load herself into a full-sized vehicle. Not a huge, hairy deal, but she is a terrier and likes to leap and be independent, so…
- I was immediately behind a Mini-Cooper this morning, and I swear the thing would fit in the bed of the truck. Since I used to work wrecks as a firefighter/medic, this does indeed give me pause.
- Parking spaces are getting smaller – aren’t they?
- Gas prices and just the whole green thing. Why drive a gas hog if it isn’t absolutely necessary?
- Gretchen aside, even with running boards, I still feel I’m throwing myself into the cab. I’m not getting any younger either, so do I REALLY want to do that every single day?
- There is practically a fleet of trucks at my disposal. I can (obviously) drive ours whenever I want, and if ever I don’t have a truck to drive, I have a nephew and friends with trucks who will willingly enough help a girl out.
Whew! A whole range of vehicles, including what I thought was my front-runner, off the list.
Changing the subject…
I need a new laptop. It seems that while my poor old thang lived through the milk bath, the long-ish term effects are playing out now. It overheats almost daily. It isn’t shutting itself down in a hot panic anymore only because I’m aware of the problem, and when I smell that hot plastic smell, I give myself and the laptop a time-out.
I am no techie. It’s a Toshiba, we (meaning Tech-guy and the Knight) added more memory, but that’s all I know. The Knight is encouraging me to pick what I want, but see… I don’t know what I want.
Can you help a girl out? It does need to be fairly light, so that when/if I fly again, I can take it along without stressing my back. However, I don’t think I want tiny either, because I do type a whole lot, and while I have little fingers, I like a full-sized keyboard.
Clearly, I need storage. I do use Flickr AND a thumb drive for permanent photo storage, but still, I clog up a lot of space with photos. Beyond that, I have no idea at all what I want or need.
The only other detail I can share is that my current laptop screen is roughly 14″ on the diagonal for the actual viewing area.
(And since I know you’ll ask, the collage was made at Mosaic Maker.)
Thanks in advance, and use small, non-technical terms as much as possible. If I figure out what I want, I’ll then email you to ask for techie specs so I don’t sound like the very ignorant non-techie that I really am.