I do love America, the Beautiful. It’s a lovely, patriotic song. Since I don’t have sound on my computer at work, I’m humming loudly. Luckily, Uncle is patriotic and used to my strange habits.
I’m late blogging today because I was slow doing invoicing because Best Thing (refresher: Neighbor Guy’s fiancee) sent me the coolest link this morning.
I’m proud to announce I got 90% on the first try, and my highest score is a 96%. Let me know how you do, or as Best Thing did, she informed me that she played once, got what we’d call a passing grade if we were still in elementary school, but she doesn’t REALLY adore trying to place the outlines of states into the outline of the continent.
I do. You see, while Best Thing and I agree that books are the best toys for girls and boys of all ages, I had a beloved, wooden puzzle map that was a shared podunk toy from one of the farms in the area where the kiddos were significantly older.
Anyhoo, that’s all great fodder that allows a punny segue to a special award Bridget bestowed upon me, whether I am worthy or not.
The next step is to share ten interesting things about me. Gee, I am rather certain I’ve already shared everything that is REMOTELY interesting, but I’ll share away…
- My hair has a mind of its own. It was rather straight until my late teens, and has been getting progressively wavier ever since.
- Sushi and I are not friends. I feel this is a big gap in my culinary experience, but I’ve not been able to bridge it.
- I am newly addicted to Walk It Out, a silly little walking game for the Wii. It doesn’t scare Gretchen the way Wii Fit Plus does. (Go figure?!)
- The interesting well is dry. That is noteworthy because I’m rarely at a loss for words.
- I’ve never eaten at Chipotle. Dear Ann had to explain that it is basically fast food to me yesterday…
- I’ve never watched a full episode of any reality show. I just don’t find them entertaining.
- Another lull. Hmmm… I don’t care for brazil nuts. I do believe they’re the only nut I don’t adore, while the Knight and his mother rank them as a favorite.
- I don’t like spanish rice.
- I’m a glass half full kind of gal, so it irks me that the theme of this list seems to be “I never” and “I don’t”.
- Any of you who’ve read one of my swap questionnaires know I ADORE dark chocolate, so imagine my surprise when I discovered that the new white chocolate wine from Horton Vineyards is better than the original!
(Hold that thought. We’ll talk more about the wine, I promise.)
Next, I need to pass the award along. While so many of you bring so much beauty to my life, I’m going to share this with some new to me bloggers that I need to be sure you know about too!
- Barbara at Moveable Feasts has become a cherished friend, but it was her recipes and photos that pulled me in.
- The Blond Duck at A Duck in her Pond is always mixing it up with her whimsical stories, poems, recipes, cute pups…
- Dog-Lover’s Yarn has beautiful dogs, spinning advice, fabulous photos.
- Those darling fashionistas, the BonBon Rose Girls are always mixing it up with fashion, friendship, fun, family…
(Why yes, I do seem to like blogs that mix it up, the way I do, only better!)
Now, back to that wine. I couldn’t find it on Horton’s website, but it’s the most pleasing dessert wine. This one (the bottle is actually a lovely green) is white, while they’re still offering their original chocolate (red) wine too. We were told it had already won an award, and I’m pretty sure Saturday was its public debut. It is very sweet and very much tastes like chocolate. (But not white chocolate, not to my tastebuds anyway.)
You also needed to see the text on the back side of the glass. Every year, the Hortons include a new glass, with a fun saying on one side. This year’s was spot-on; I just wish I’d been able to get a better photo for you!
In case you can’t read it too easily, it says:
12-Step Chocoholics Program
Never be more than
away from chocolate
I think I need that on a coffee mug, a tea cup, a tee shirt, a night shirt… How ’bout you?