Another double post day…
Chocolate Candy Cane Tea Latte
- 6 oz fresh, filtered water
- 2 Republic of Tea Double Dark Chocolate Tea Bags
- 6 oz steamed milk or milk substitute
- The Republic of Tea Agave Nectar (to taste)
- 2 candy canes or peppermint sticks
- Heat fresh, filtered water to a rolling boil.
- Place each tea bag in a standard sized mug. Pour 3 oz. water in each mug and steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, stir in agave nectar. Top with steamed milk and garnish with a candy cane or peppermint stick.
There are a few problems, easily corrected. I am mostly a loose tea gal – THAT substitution is easy enough. I don’t have their Agave Nectar either, but I’m guessing a mild honey or simple syrup would do nicely instead.
But steamed milk? I do have an espresso machine, but it lives in a box, not even in the kitchen. While my counter space isn’t too limited, I am a kitchen appliance junkie, so not everything can live in plain sight.
Google to the rescue! How to steam milk without an espresso machine. Has anyone tried this? (If you didn’t click on the link, the short version is, dump the milk in a container more than double the volume of the milk and SHAKE, then steam in the microwave.)
I’m also thinking peppermint extract is the way to go, because a candy cane sitting out of a mug is an invitation to both of my dogs to lick, slurp, etc., especially since they also LOVE milk!
(Why yes, I am going to go home and drag out the espresso machine and try both methods, unless some of you foodies weigh in first and assure me that the shaken, not stirred method will work just as well.)