I’m getting in the spirit and you’re getting flooded with blog posts, but I love a quick, fun meme, and Barbara had a cute one this morning…
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider? Both!
2. Turkey or Ham? Ham – Virginia/Country/Salt Cured, please
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree? Fake. While I love nothing better than a real tree, I am married to a fire chief, and we have a wood stove in the same room as the big tree…
4. Decorations on the outside of your house? Just a wreath. I love lights, but can’t do them alone and the Knight’s schedule is a bit hectic this time of year.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin’? Both!!!
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping? Downtown, yes. Some of my friends have shops downtown, and I love Davis Street, Culpeper!
7. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night is my all-time fave, but I’m mad for the Glee Christmas Album!
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies? Meh. They don’t do much for me, but the Knight loves some of the more recent ones, so I enjoy watching them with him.
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? Anytime before Black Friday!
10. Stockings before or after presents? Before. We do stockings with breakfast, and then gifts.
11. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you? Go, go, go, and I don’t like it! I love seeing the family, but I hate staying in the car so much.
12. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when? Christmas Eve, before bedtime.
13. What do you do after presents and dinner? Dessert and coffee!
14. What is your favorite holiday smell? Peppermint or whatever is baking.
15. Ice skating or walking around the mall? Skating. I’d rather have a beating than go to the mall.
16. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day? Depends. Usually the Knight – an eager giver – can’t wait to give me my presents…
17. Favorite Christmas memory? I loved going to chop down a tree from the back of the farm with my family as a child.
18. Favorite Part about winter? Snow. Being able to wear all my knits.
19. Ever been kissed under mistletoe? Of course!