I had a post. For the umpteenth time of late, the formatting went haywire, and this time, it was easier to delete it and start over. I think.
There’s a meme at the end of this post if all goes well. Otherwise, how go your holiday preparations? I’m getting there, but I’ll be taking time out tomorrow for photos with Santa at the firehouse. If you’re local, they’re free. Stop by from 1-4.
(On a side note, I love that chair. It’s an antique someone gave to the station when I was a very little girl. It has a “matching” rocker. I had the cushions re-done years ago by the now Assistant Chief’s mom, with the undersanding that if they ever got rid of the chairs, I have first refusal. I REALLY want them, but they look great outside the chief’s office.)
So, about that meme…
1. What are four television shows that you watch?
- NCIS LA
- Anything on the Food Network
2. Four Things That You Are Passionate About?
- My husband
- My dogs
- The fire service – especially the local company, founded in part by my father.
- The Junior League – we’re not white gloves and pearls! We’re women changing our communities, changing the world.
3. Four Phrases You Say A lot
- Hem. I don’t even really know what it means… I say it when I’m stating the obvious, I guess?
- Love you to the moon and back – usually in a sing-songy voice to the dogs.
- Please and thank you? I picked this up from my favorite aunt and cousin, I believe.
4. Four Things You’ve Learned From The Past
- Make sure the snow shovel is indoors when it snows. Metal freezes to really cold, wet ground.
- You can’t say “I love you” too much. I’m proud to say that with all the loss in my life the last few years, I know they knew, and they knew I knew too.
- Never trust Sissy with cooling/rising baked goods.
- Have gloves in every jacket.
5. Four Places You Would Like To Go
- Back to the beach, OBX specifically
- Back to Sedona, AZ
- To Colonial Williamsburg for the Grand Illumination
- To a gingerbread house display. Is there one in podunk I don’t know about?!
6. Four Things You Did Yesterday
- Rode around in the snow with the Knight
- Trimmed the tree
- Listened to Sugarland’s Green & Gold
- Hunted for dog treat gifts that I’d hidden in the linen closet. (I remembered that this morning.)
7. Four Things You Are Looking Forward To
- More snow!
- Finishing the tree, once I get more ornament hooks.
- Singing “Nuttin’ For Christmas” to Sissy again.
- Meeting Amy – who tagged me for this meme – for lunch!
8. Four Things You Love About Winter
- Handknit socks
- Snow days
9. Four Bloggers Who You Would Like To Share Their List Of Fours
- I can only hope four of you will want to join in…
- … and thank you!