It’s been a while since I’ve had a mega-post, but I’ll be making up for lost time today. Stop now and grab some refreshments, settle into a comfortable chair, and read on about my exciting weekend!
To kick our gala weekend off, Nichole awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. Gretchen made me clarify that Nichole did indeed mean for it to go to this blog, not theirs… Hem. Thank you, Nichole!
Now, to share seven things you may not know about me. Really?! I don’t know that I have seven left. I’ve been blogging long enough that I seriously feel I’m an open book.
- Since it’s Presidents Day here in the USA, while George Washington is the first of many “Virginian” presidents, my favorite is the very local Thomas Jefferson.
- Along those same lines, there’s more than a fair chance that James Monroe once owned the land that is now our Haddon Wood.
- I need help thinking of a new name/address for this blog. Chan doesn’t knit so much, and honestly, I’d rather not have my name in the blog addy.
- As much as I love the beach, I don’t swim in the ocean. Too hard on my tender back.
- Surprisingly, high heels don’t bother my back. I don’t wear them daily, but when I do wear them, they hurt my instep first, and usually enough that they come off before my back can start to hurt.
- Don’t tell my chiropractor, but I’m doing yoga again. This time, I’m going to stick with the gentle stuff on the Wii Fit Plus – I figure if it’s safe enough for them to share with the public… – and the back routine that served me well for the first ten years after my surgery.
- I’ve lost a bit of weight and my sweet tooth. Saturday night, I honestly couldn’t find a single food item that appealed to me.
…. so I had two glasses of Prosecco, won some earrings from the bubbly bar, and that pretty well sums up how awesome my evening was!
#46 is my new lucky number. I’ve never won anything at our silent auctions… except for the year I used a friend’s number accidentally. Hem. For those of you who are a little superstitious or into numerology, I always wore jersey numbers with a 4 in them when I was playing sports. I scored a Lilly P Monopoly game for the Knight’s collection, although you might note that SOMEONE saw PANK and thought it was for her…
I also brought home a “basic training” gift certificate. While the DIVA’s feet are present (maybe she saw the purple and just assumed…??), I need to confirm the terms of the certificate, but I think the wee one is going to go to basic obedience class.
Do y’all think the DIVA would enjoy an intermediate class, even though I know she’s not likely to ever obey “down” or hold an out-of-sight stay?
Okay, okay… I know you want to see the dress. Sadly, due to the raging brush fires in our area, the Knight wasn’t able to join me Saturday night, but I had a fab time with my girlfriends. gMarie turned me onto Already Pretty a couple of weeks ago, and she has a great article about female friendships today – perfect timing. That meant I was responsible for all of my own keys, lipstick, etc., so I didn’t manage a regular camera. A friend’s hubby snapped a few photos with my Blackberry, but they weren’t stellar… so I borrowed this one from a friend…
There are tons more, but they’re all rather similar… a bunch of girlfriends, laughing, being silly, having a great time! If I had to be dateless, I couldn’t have had a better group to hang with. Thanks also to their sweet hubbies and a fiance for snapping photos, holding my bag and bucket and escorting me in from the rather remote parking area!
I still have a very special package to share with you tomorrow, but really… isn’t this enough for one post?!
How was YOUR weekend? Can I put your name on the invitation list for next year’s Vintage Vegas? I think I already have my dress…
OH – and the seven I’m passing the award on to:
- gMarie, my bloggy style buddy
- Barbara, who has both style and class and a great blog!
- Those BonBon Rose Girls, because they keep my style fresh
- Grace, whose blog changes its look to match the seasons and holidays
- Marjie, who really is a modern day Harriet
- The Blond Duck, who has style, wit, and a love of pie and hippos
- Mango and Dexter, because frankly, Sissy and Gretchen would never forgive me if I didn’t give a nod to them for their style and friendship!