Instead of dwelling on the areas where there is room for improvement, I’m going to share a few “green” things I do pretty well.
- Bamboo. It’s a great renewable resource, and I use it in the kitchen, for entertaining, and for knitting. (Note to the Easter Bunny – I’d love this bamboo compost pail. Just call BRE…)
- Re-usable shopping bags. I have several for the grocery store, but my favorites came from specialty shops. I even keep one in my handbag, in its own little pouch.
- When we do get plastic or paper bags from a store, we re-use those too.
- The dogs eat better than we do. Sissy’s allergies demand limited ingredient, high-quality foods and treats, so no pesticides or by-products here!
- They also like Planet Dog toys and treats, which are very earth-friendly.
- Compost and recycle. Right now, my composting is very basic, but I aspire to a better system. We’re also trying to figure out if we can still recycle plastic beverage bottles after the dogs crush them and preformate them in their current favorite toy. (Can’t find it online… I’ll have to confirm name and brand… I know it’s brand new, coming straight from a trade show to Sissy’s mouth…)
How green are you? What tips you do have for our pack?
If you’re celebrating Easter or Passover, we wish you peace and a meaningful moment or two with family and friends.