This is one of those quirky posts that probably gives you more insight into the real me than you might want. See, I was so entertained by the overlapping marketing campaigns that graced my very rural route mailbox yesterday that YOU have to hear about them.
First, there was a large postcard from Talbot’s, inviting me to come visit. (At least, that’s what I told the Knight when he asked if there was any mail…) They’re calling their sale Summer Love. (Doesn’t that banner make you want to go get a big ol’ bowl of raspberry sorbet?!) Too bad there’s nothing on sale I actually want.
1. It’s a LONG dress. It doesn’t appear to come in a petite length, and I am petite, albeit just barely. I don’t know that it’s worth even trying to have it altered.
2. I don’t know that I’d actually wear it more than a couple of times. I am wearing skorts and knee-length skirts a lot as it warms up, but that’s different than something near floor-length.
3. Overshare warning!! It doesn’t meet my “I can wear a regular bra” requirement, which would most likely render it not-wearable, even if I did overcome obstacle #1, and which almost guarantees #2 would be a very true prophecy.
So instead of clothes shopping – which I still don’t love, by the way, unlike shoe and bag shopping – I’ll share all the summer songs bebopping through my head.
- Summer Nights from Grease
- Summer of ’69 by Bryan Adams
- Boys of Summer by Don Heneley
- Centerfield by John Fogerty
- Six-pack Summer by Phil Vassar
- When the Sun Goes Down by Kenny Chesney & Uncle Kracker
- Something Like That by Tim McGraw
- Redneck Yacht Club by Craig Morgan
What are your favorite summer songs? I know I’m going to kick myself later when I realize some of MY favorites that I failed to mention…