Ah, transition. I’m not a big fan of change, so in a fit of frugal rebellion, I stocked up on short-sleeved tees (on serious markdown) over the weekend. I see a lot of cardigans and jackets in my future.
I’m not a fan of long sleeves. See, there are a few problems.
- I’m short, but not necessarily petite. I’m 5’3″, and while most clothing lines say petite is 5’4″ and under, that doesn’t mean the lines really fit.
- I like my wrists. Seriously. I have a larger frame, but my wrists and hands are TINY.
- See above. I wear bracelets, almost all the time. So when winter comes and the rest of you switch to long sleeves, I miss my pretty jinglies. This year, I don’t believe I’m going to tuck them away for the season.
- Layers are my friends. Some of you can relate. I’m hot. Then I’m freezing.
- We’re still having daytime highs in the 80s, at least for the next two days. Check back with me this weekend, when I’m likely to have purchased turtlenecks, cords and have pulled out the wool socks.
- I’ve decided that for my age, heck for any age, I still have some shapely
gunsupper arms. (Sorry. That’s what happens when I hang out with the guys I used to work with for a few hours… actually, it’s pretty darned good for my self-esteem. My favorite comment from yesterday, from a former co-worker I don’t think I ‘ve seen in almost 11 years is “You haven’t changed one bit.”)
- I know at least one of my friends also sticks with tees year ’round, but she lives in the deep south, so … I’m curious. Yeah, I am pretty sure that eventually I’ll be freezing and want a turtleneck and long, warm sleeves, but today, it seems so logical to just love my tees all year long.
How do you transition from summer to fall?