Some of you know I’m a fan of “fake it ’til you make it” when it comes to attitude. I try to be cheerful or at least pleasant, no matter what’s going on in my life. Unfortunately, that rule comes into play at holiday time too. I’m not one of the people who loves Christmas – or Halloween, 4th of July, etc. – but I *DO* love Christmas music.
Amy asked about favorite holiday tunes a few days ago, so here is what’s on my Christmas playlist:
- Sugarland’s Nuttin’ for Christmas – I joke that this is Sissy’s Christmas theme song, but y’all know she’s really a good enough girl, and even if she was rotten-hairy-awful, she’d still get plenty for Christmas.
- Glee’s We Need a Little Christmas – Like Sugarland’s Green & Gold, I love this whole album, but this version of this song is definitely my favorite.
- O Holy Night – Hands down my favorite, by any artist.
- Gene Autry’s Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer – Why yes, I do have an inner six year old, thank you!
- Burl Ives’ Holly Jolly Christmas – Clearly, the artists of my childhood remain favorites.
- Bing Crosby’s White Christmas – This is where I confess I’ve NEVER watched this movie, not in its entirety. I plan to fix that this weekend.
- Sleigh Ride – Any instrumental, but I *LOVE* to hear a high school band play it. Ah… memories!
- ALL of ’em!!
Okay, there are exceptions. I can’t stand Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer or anything sung in a fake child (or chipmunk) voice…
What are your holiday favorites? When do you start listening to Christmas music? When do you stop?