Happy New Year! The one look back I am comfortable doing is to look at my knitting from 2011. I can’t even tally up the books read, because I never did settle on how to track what I read. I was using something on Facebook, but it doesn’t make data sorts easy, so… Maybe this year, I’ll join basically blogless Susan and use a spreadsheet? I’m guessing I read about 20 books in ’11, but I truly don’t have a clue.
So. Knitting. I completed 16 projects, in the following categories:
- 3 hats
- 4 scarves
- 5 shawl(ette)s
- 1 skirt
- 1 headband
- 1 capelet
- 1 shrug
Started, but not completed:
- Mohair cardi (new goal – complete by Valentines Day)
- scarf – current project focus
- a second double-knit headband
UFOs started before 2011 but not completed:
- Argosy baby blanket – too close not to finish, but need a baby to finish it for and there’s just not one on the way right now
- Pink cardi – needs to be frogged and yarn will either be repurposed or I’ll reknit seamlessly in a smaller size
- Cotty socks – a pattern I really want to complete, and I have some yarn more suited to being Christmas socks. I’ll repurpose that yarn for a shawlette or something.
- Whisper – when I find the project (HEM), frog and reknit in a smaller size
- Dash – definitely want to finish sooner rather than later!
Other loose ends: I owe finished object reports on the shrug and the final scarf of the year. There’s also yarn to be plied and fiber to finish spinning. Both handspuns have projects waiting for them.
Plan. Despite being a planner by nature, I do NOT seem to do well when I plan my hobbies. It sucks the joy right out of them. Knowing that, I still can’t help myself and I do have a very flexible agenda.
- Cast on for a sock KAL. I’m not part of the SKA KAL, but it inspired the pattern I’m knitting with gMarie and another friend or two. I love green, and I’m thinking these can be St. Patrick’s Day socks…
- Finish the scarf in progress.
- Finish the red mohair cardi.
- Finish Dash.
- Knit whatever inspires me, because the world won’t end if I don’t finish any of those projects by a certain date.
2012 is going to be a really, REALLY busy year for me. Still, I plan to read more, which might mean knitting less. I’m pondering adding Audible.com to my book efforts. I’m not sure how well an audio book while walking will work – think lots of “Leave it, Sis” and “Sissy I SAID NO!!” – but I’m going to give it a try. I don’t spend enough time in the car to really do much with audio books there, so the only other option is playing them while I knit… which could work.
I’m not doing the resolutions or goals thing this year. I do intend to keep making fitness & health a priority, but Sissy isn’t going to let me slack off there. I still need to declutter my home, something that is always painfully evident this time of year when I have to find homes for those blessed gifts received. I also WANT to start cooking again, and I think the Crock Pot will be my friend there, even though I’m not comfortable leaving it plugged in while we’re at work all day. I’ll let you know how I work around that, and if you have suggestions, let me know.
Wishing you … ENOUGH. That’s my focus for this year. I am generally content by nature, and yet… I never feel I’ve done enough. I saw this on Facebook, and am going to keep it in mind:
I need to check with my mom though… I think the only reason I wasn’t born in tights and a poncho (I was born as the Sixties wrapped up!) is because it was SUMMER…
Is enough an issue for you?