Happy Thorsday, little friday, thankful thursday and the day MJ gets to go home. See, my MIL had a knee replacement on Monday, and she’s going home shortly. The new hospital is stunning – and odd, because you enter on the third floor, which is indeed at ground level – but there’s no place like home.
So, about that title. Spam. I found all of your sweet comments in my spam folder, after gMarie so smartly advised that I look there. Hem. It never entered my mind that after years of comments coming to my inbox without incident that they’d suddenly ALL go to spam. So, mea culpa WordPress, and a big ol’ raspberry to Gmail. I like the IDEA of spam filters, but …
Shadows. Of course Phil saw his shadow. There were 4 billion kilowatts of stage lighting shining on him so that the media could get pretty photos and video. Hem. Anyway, I too feel winter isn’t done with us yet. No, I don’t read almanacs or anything, it’s just a hunch.
And it seems I spoke too soon on my dress situation for Saturday. The dress fits, but awkwardly so. I wear the same size I wore when last I wore it, but… it’s not the same body. I’m having trouble reconciling my love for the frock versus my disdain for specialty underpinnings. Good thing I have a back-up, but remember? That spare dress needs shoes and I don’t have time to shop. Le sigh. What’s a girl to do? (Other than try harder to TRULY be prepared…)
Since it is Thorsday aka: Dogs on Thursday, do pop over and read about the dog-help book on my radar. Do you read self-help or advice books?
And thankful thursday… it’s a list kinda’ day.
- I’m thankful MJ’s surgery went well.
- I’m thankful for family, the sort where we can have aunts and uncles from both sides of the Knight’s family at one table with lots of laughter and good company.
- I’m thankful that I have a cushy life where I can worry about whether to wear the dress that needs a special bra or the dress I don’t LOVE.
- I’m thankful for the best friends a gal could want, both locally and otherwise.
- I’m thankful for a husband who doesn’t even roll his eyes while I babble about my attire woes.
- I’m thankful for the sunshine!!
What are you thankful for today?