Edited to add: But first, please follow the girls’ lead and offer your sympathies to Sue and her pups. Another wonderful dog, gone too soon, and it’s only a small comfort that he’s not suffering anymore.
So. My test drive with the coral bag lasted precisely one day. It’s hot, it’s heavy, and we aren’t friends. I mean, she’s a pretty, trendy gal, and I’m glad I met her, but we aren’t going to hang out. (Holler if you are smitten; maybe we can work something out.)
- Did I mention she’s hot? I love looking at this bag. The red-orange hue (not coral, no matter what the retailer said) is fabulous.
- Two slide-in interior pockets
- One interior side zip pocket
- She’s no lightweight. She’s synthetic something, so I’m guessing it’s the thick chain that makes my shoulder hurt.
- That chain. I don’t like it. Not even visually.
- The interior lining is 1970s crunchy plastic. If you weren’t alive then and don’t know what I mean… I don’t know how else to describe it. It’s brittle and gives me the impression that it will crack with even light use.
- The interior is BLACK. I like to be able to see into a bag.
- There are NO exterior pockets. I didn’t know that mattered until yesterday. I didn’t want to open the whole bag – flip the tassels straight up, pop the magnetic closure, drop the keys in a slip pocket, make sure the magnets catch, flip the “top” back down – just to drop my keys in, nor did I care to stand in the street and repeat the process to GET my keys when it was time to go…
So, looks aren’t everything. I’m glad I didn’t have much invested in this bag. It’s functionally no bigger than trusty green, which is what I returned to this morning, both because I didn’t love the “coral” bag and because I’m wearing spring green and PANK today, so it would have clashed in such a strong fashion even the gal that doesn’t change bags regularly couldn’t deal with it.
That’s my big gripe today. Dimensions on a bag don’t mean squat. The little profile silhouette they sometimes offer that gives an idea of how the bag hangs from that particular woman’s shoulder isn’t much help either. I just got lucky with the green bag, and I’m back to not buying a bag if I can’t check it out in person first.
So far, I’m 0 for 3 this spring. Good thing I have trusty greenie.
What are you DONE with today?