… but I am grateful that Terrie of Starspry included a translation with her explanation of the Liebster award.
Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
Here are the rules for the Liebster blog award:
1. Link back to the person who awarded it to you. (See above. Thank you, Terrie!)
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Kathy of Irish Eyes Knitters
- Katherine of Comfort Zone
- Nancy of Wyoming Breezes
- Jessi of Bubblesknits
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
5. List 5 random facts that people don’t know about you.
Well. I’m an open book, so what on earth can I share that you don’t know… and might possibly find entertaining?!
- These lists are HARD for me. While I can write/speak at length on any subject going, ask me about myself and I go mute.
- It’s not humility. I can go on and on about my strengths and weaknesses; I just don’t think I’m remarkably interesting.
- I obviously have unreasonable standards for customer service, and yet when it comes up in conversation, my opinions seem mainstream.
- I don’t know what color my eyes are. I think I’ve shared that before, but really… I don’t. Sometimes they’re hazel, sometimes they’re green, sometimes they’re blue…
- I really don’t speak any other language fluently. I can read Latin, French and some Spanish, but SPEAKING?! Mrs. Dent (Junior High) would dispute how well I even manage to speak my native tongue…
That customer service comment? That’s for you, local Old Navy. I really wanted these shoes, but no one was working the cash register, so it would seem. I carried TWO PAIRS around the store, because the only pair my size didn’t have a tag, and because I almost never go in said store, I wanted to see what I could see. Then, there was no one at the registers. Only one light was on, so I stood near there, and paced. And looked like I wanted to check out. And paced… and got cranky and slammed the shoes on the counter, walked almost the width of the store to the door, and no one noticed.
Hrmph. Still trying to decide whether to order then online or not….
What’s on your weekend agenda?