Kathy had a cute post yesterday and asked a good question, “What won’t you do this summer?” There’s a lot I won’t do this summer, but very little of it is anything I’d change.
We don’t go on summer vacations, and that’s fine with me. I didn’t grow up going to the beach every summer, and we love the Outer Banks off-season.
I’m very busy this year with Junior League meetings, trainings, socials and such. I wouldn’t have it any other way. It took me a very long time to decide I wanted to be president of the JLC, and it is very rewarding to work with other talented, passionate women committed to making our community – and our organization – a better place.
However, next summer there will be a new president, and I’ll have free time, so it’s fun to ponder what I might do when I don’t have meetings more nights than not, and when I’m not tied to email.
So, next summer I might…
- Take sewing lessons.
- Sing in the choir again.
- Train for a half marathon. (As a walker, of course. My back doesn’t run anymore.)
- Start attending a knit night.
- Knit more!
- Read more books, as opposed to emails and League documents.
- Plan a girlfriends retreat.
- Cook dinner regularly rather than trying to figure out which of us is closer to our favorite take-out staples.
… but most likely, I’ll just throw myself into another project.
Anything exciting ahead for your weekend?