Ruth found a series of 10 Books… topics somewhere, and today’s is easy (and will allow me to ignore the baby knitting that won’t meet its deadline, the unblocked shawl that might dry rot before I get it blocked or blogged…).
10 Books I Read Over and Over
- The Bible
- Lord of the Rings (series, plus The Hobbitt) by JRR Tolkein
- Harry Potter (series) by JK Rowling
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- The Chronicles of Narnia (series) by CS Lewis
- Five Sisters by James Fox
- Winnie the Pooh by AA Milne
- Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis
Now… these are NOT necessarily the most influencial books, or even my favorite books. They’re just the ones I read over and over, and the ones that popped into my head this morning. In general, I don’t re-read unless there’s a book club or I want to re-visit a certain part of a certain book for some reason.
Do you re-read? Why?