Happy Thorsday, little friday, Thankful Thursday, League-wide meeting #2 of year and happy birthday to several friends too. Today’s post is a little different, but I’m grateful for companies that appreciate the role of a dog-ma and carry Sissy-friendly products.
While several of our doggy bloggy pals are already familiar with Chewy.com, we had never tried it because of Sissy’s food allergies and sensitivities. Earlier this month, they contacted ME, and offered me a generous discount to review their company. If you’re still unfamiliar with Chewy.com, visit the fur-girls blog for a chance to win $25 off your first order.
I didn’t have time to rush right over and order the moment I got the special code, but that Sunday… I did. A series of surprises followed.
- I was NOT limited to toys and a few known-trusted brand-name treats. In fact, I was able to search for products without grains, without chicken, etc. I will warn you; I found ONE product in the chicken-free category that did have chicken meal or fat (can’t recall) in it. For some pets, that might not matter, and by no means do I fault Chewy.com. That’s why we read labels, even on products that were Sissy-safe the last time we bought them. The pet food industry is not governed as tightly as the human food industry!
- They had the brand (Pure Vita) of kibble the girls had fallen in love with when a fairy dogma sent them a sample pack from out west. Score, and a big part of our “try it for free” budget was knocked in the head.
- The treats that were on sale weren’t excluded from our coupon, so we were actually able to try a 15 lb. bag of kibble and 3 bags of treats.
- The order shipped almost immediately and was on the front porch in the Woods on Tuesday. Wow.
Some Chewy facts:
They offer over 140 brands with more added all the time.
- You can suscribe for regular delivery of your favorite products.
- Free shipping for orders over $49.
- They offer a blogger club, a referral program and a shelter & rescue program.
If you do decide to give Chewy a try, please consider using my referral code CHAN9251. A $10 donation will be made to Best Friends Animal Society if you do.
Thanks Mr. Chewy for inviting us to be a part of your blogger program and giving us the chance to share the bounty with our friends. Don’t forget to check out the give-away on the fur-girls’ blog.