While I wait for the first-ever online vote for the League to conclude, will you share your thoughts with me about rummage sales by any name? I understand that in the Northeast, you call them tag sales, but what I really want to know is if you’ve ever been to, donated to or otherwise had a good experience with one?
The Fund Development Council prepared a great proposal – two of them, actually – but to my knowledge, the only rummage sale I’ve even been near is the one at my childhood church, and those memories are dark, hazy and … certainly out-dated.
Here are my questions:
- Is a $2-3 admission fee a deal-breaker?
- Would you pay (significantly more… like $10?) for a preview of a boutique/designer section?
- Would you appreciate food/beverage sales on-site?
- Back to admission fees… if there is a fee, what age and under gets in free?
- What else might I/we need to know if this fundraiser is approved and we muster to host one in the spring?
They’ve sorted out pricing, donation quotas, what kinds of shifts (day of and before) we’ll need to work, etc., but having no experience at all with such, I’m feeling the potential for being blind-sided is high!
How was your weekend? I turned my ankle (again) on Saturday, but otherwise, it was a relaxing, lovely weekend.